Home | Collections | Projects | Contact Us | Links

Jump to:

Buffalo Regional History Collection

Buffalo Vertical Files

Multimedia

Churches

Faculty + Student Papers

Magazines + Publications

Organizations

People

Miscellaneous

Records & Documents of

The Hull House

Hull House

The Hull House, built in 1810, is the oldest home in all of the Niagara Region, built by a Revolutionary War veteran Warren Hull. The Hull House is the oldest surviving stone dwelling in Erie County and was used as a place of refuge for citizens of Buffalo fleeing the village as it was being burned by the British in December of 1813.

____________________________________________________________

Auction “Auction Puts ‘Oldest Home’ on Block,” Gordon L. Peterson is forced to give up his historic home, the Hull-Peterson House, to the IRS which will auction it off, Buffalo News, Dave Condren, October 18, 1987

Landmark Status “Local historians seek landmark status for Lancaster’s Hull-Peterson House,” Buffalo News, Kevin Collison, November 30, 1994

Preservation “New Priority: Preserving Hull House,” Landmark Society of the Niagara Frontier Newsletter, Spring 1989, p. 8

Restoration “Preservationists are seeking board’s help to restore early 19th century Hull House,” Buffalo News, Deidre Williams, March 2, 2001

Restoration “Hull House restoration project expanded,” $50,000 land purchase by the Landmark Society of the Niagara Frontier, Buffalo News, Mary Pasciak, December 9, 2003

Home | Collections | Projects | Contact Us | Links